Another Great Startable Tip: Making a Great Business Plan Pitch
Startable shared a neat and simple framework on how to make a great business plan pitch. It gives tips on how to write and organize a business plan. It shows what marketing data VCs are looking for in the business plan.
- Passion - training and training will lead to a passionate pitch.
- Simple, Short and Concise - grab your audience attention in less than 10 minutes.
- Pictures are worth a thousand words – avoid putting all of your business plan in one slide: use images instead.
- Convey what your business is in 90 seconds – tell your audience what you are offering to the market in the first 90 seconds.
- Keep text in a slide to no more than three lines – don’t put all of your business plan on one slide!
- Target market and market size – who you are selling to?
- Marketing - how are you going to sell to those people?
- Competition – list 3 competitors, why you are better than them, and your barriers to entry.
- Product - what makes your product unique? Do you have any IP?
- Revenue potential – project and assume with pride, don’t be too consevative or creative.
- Costs - identify cost and provide scalability savings.
- Team - why is your team the best to run this business?